It actually has been a really good week. In comparison - of course, all of life is relative & sometimes it takes a pity party to make you appreciate what you really have.
I went shopping this week for something to wear to a "formal" event we went to last night. This usually would be something that would leave me in a puddle on the "woe-is-me" floor. I have not weighed myself in some time for the simple technical difficulty that the battery in my digital scale died. I have tried to maintain my decent eating, but the exercise is out the window - in any sort of formal way anyway (outside of chasing my children, lugging HUGE loads of laundry up & down stairs, carrying my 20lb baby & probably equally as heavy diaper bag all over creation, etc etc) and lets be honest here, we JUST had Easter - anyone who knows what a Dove Truffle Egg, or Cadbury Mini Eggs are understands that the diet just HAD to be on hold for a few days.
I digress... (chocolate can get the best of us off topic ;))
I go shopping. In the change room with Averie having actually found a couple of cute things in the oh-so-painfully-high size I am currently sporting (which has not changed in a LONG time). I try them on...
"What's this???... I think these are too big!" I call the sales lady over... "I think there is something wrong with the sizes on these." She assures me there isn't, but she will go & get me the size smaller to see. I try those on... THEY FIT!! Perfectly... comfortably...
How the HECK did THAT happen???
No idea. But I'll take it & run! :)
Then we got a SMOKIN deal on a hot suit for Graham the next day & we got all dolled up for a very classy night out on the town. Our church held a "Black & White Cafe Night" - live jazz music (including a little diddy performed by me & 4 of my best friends - which we ROCKED - sorry, but it just had to be said :)), an evening among only adults, everyone looking seriously awesome... we had SUCH a great night!!
The only bad part... I committed the "blogger sin" of not taking any pictures!! I am hoping to scoop some from friends in the coming week & will get them up here when I do...
Tonight after a fabulous dinner (that I actually cooked!), I made up some mini cupcakes (or "pupcakes" as Evan likes to call them) with the kids & let them decorate them. It was lots of fun! And they turned out really yummy!
This is Brynlea inhaling her cupcake... literally, she ate it in TWO bites! I tried to catch her with the camera & she was too fast! haha!

Averie & Evan's artistic work...
The only bad thing about giving Brynlea the cupcakes...
This is what happens when they're gone!

Once she recovered...
here is a shot of her VERY freshly through 3rd & 4th teeth (top center)- FINALLY!!
As you can see she will likely have 2-4 more in the coming days...
poor thing! (click on the picture for a closer look)

Averie & Evan's artistic work...
The only bad thing about giving Brynlea the cupcakes...
This is what happens when they're gone!
Once she recovered...
here is a shot of her VERY freshly through 3rd & 4th teeth (top center)- FINALLY!!
As you can see she will likely have 2-4 more in the coming days...
poor thing! (click on the picture for a closer look)
Here's the girls all ready for bed in their PJs - SO adorable!

So, I hope I didn't disturb anyone by my last post. It was written in the "Bell Jar", so to speak. The intensity of the moment made it a little more raw than is comfortable for some. I do, in general, know that I am not a bad mother & believe strongly in the "times & seasons" & "ages & stages" way of viewing/dealing with life. It was just a down day on the roller coaster :)
Now I am back in the clouds - I like the view from up here! :)
Now I am back in the clouds - I like the view from up here! :)



1 comment:
you go girl!!!!
Post a Comment