Friday, February 26, 2010

Olympic Fever

I did it! I battled my recent anxiety demons which prevented us from participating in the Olympic Torch festivities (I have some anxiety issues since losing the baby - crowds is a particular sore spot, especially WITH my kids) and we headed to downtown Vancouver to take in the sites & the excitement of having the winter Olympics so nearby. I just knew I would always regret it if we didn't.
We drove in & battled a little bit of traffic to ultimately get a really good parking spot only a couple of blocks from the Olympic cauldron. Unfortunately, after bringing my "fancy" camera & stopping on the way for fresh batteries, we got downtown to realize there was NO MEMORY CARD in the camera!! ugh.

So, thank goodness for cell phone cameras (and we did have the video camera) to capture a bit of the excitement.

First - The Olympic Cauldron!


Then we headed to McDonald's for dinner -
always a thrill for the kids!
Here they are in their patriotic outfits:


It was while we were finishing up eating that the Canadian Women's Hockey Team won GOLD!!!
It was SO amazing to feel the collective excitement of that moment with the entire city!



Once it got dark, the cell phone did not cooperate anymore, but we did manage to snap this one at the Olympic countdown clock...



And we were back on the road heading home by 7pm - it was great time & I am SO glad we did it!

2 comments:

Alana said...

So fun!!! I really hope that there will be Canadian olympic shirts on clearance when we get back!

Sara said...

Way to go!