Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pearly Whites

It is that time of life for Averie...
the time where old things become new... or rather baby things become permanent things...

teeth.

She has eagerly awaited for the wiggly-ness to appear (though I somewhat deter her out of fear that teeth which aren't ready to be wiggled out, would be) while kids in her class look like they lost a boxing match...

her teeth apparently decided to come by the way of the shark...


She was growing a second row of teeth!! Behind her baby ones which showed NO signs of going anywhere. In fact, the first day we noticed the new tooth, it seemed her baby tooth had a little "give" to it, but a day later - it was even tighter than before!

So, off to the dentist we went. After checking things out, the dentist said that it would likely all work itself out in the long run, but from an orthodontic perspective, it was better for them to come out. So, out they came!

It was around Averie's fourth time to the dentist but the first time for anything other than a cleaning. She was AMAZING!! Never batted an eye through the whole thing! Stayed still & never so much as flinched. Such a big girl she is becoming!


This is what it looks like when you try to smile with a frozen lip!! LOL
One last look at those baby teeth...


The "new" smile :)

She could hardly wait to put them under her pillow tonight... and what will she find in the morning?? $2.50 and a new DS game (with the following note)

Dear Averie,

Congratulations on losing your first teeth! What a big girl you are becoming!

Please find a twoonie & 2 quarters as payment for your teeth. I left you the extra special gift because most kids don't have to be quite as brave as you the first time they have their baby teeth come out.

It is your Brave Girl gift. Great job, Averie!

Keep brushing & I'm sure I'll be back again soon,

From, Tooth Fairy





3 comments:

Alana said...

Madison's teeth are dong the very same thing! The second one has finally become very loose but she is afraid to pull it out this time and she is also afraid to swallow now. This leads her to slurp her spit (yuck) and it sounds heavenly. I'm sure her teacher will love her new sound!

Life as a Kenessey said...

That is adorable and I love your tooth fairy note...you should laminate it for her...I really like to laminate stuff!!!

Alana said...

I told Madison when she got home from school yesterday that Averie has TWO teeth out. Not to be out-done, Madison wanted her second one out last night too. Thank goodness because I swear she would have choked on it in the night for sure! I took it out with string and she never felt a thing. Gross!