Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kid Comparison

We all compare them. We try not to in an "scale" way... as in - who measures up better - but we all do it.

I'm finding with the addition of my newest little cutie that the comparison is often looks. I get it. She looks like us. She belongs to us - the DNA is all ingredients from the same "pot" so to speak.

What I find somewhat amusing is that anyone who has an opinion, seems SO adamant that their's is the only accurate one.

Averie is the funny one because I grew up in Abbotsford - so people knew me as a child. Graham grew up in Richmond - people there knew him as a child. When we are in Abbotsford - Averie is a DEAD RINGER for me... when in Richmond... you guessed it - she's a dead ringer for Graham.

It's funny because when I look at pictures of Graham & I as children we don't look at all alike :)

Now Brynlea gets the QUADRUPLE whammy - not only compared to Graham & I, but also her siblings.

The most common sentiment is that she looks like Evan - I personally see a lot of Averie when they were the same age... but I really think she has her own look.

My children definitely look like a "set" - but I wouldn't say a "matching set"...

More like a "coordinating set" LOL

But here's a sampling of each of them at the same age - 7 months old.

You decide...

let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am with you not a matching set but definitely a co-ordinating. or three peas in a pod...a forchuk pod. But I must add three extremely sweet good looking children( i may be just a little predjudiced...I am sure I am)Brynlea is definitely a mix of the first two though....but she fits...lol