Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Squished


That little sweetie is my Averie at about 3mths old - and she is a great visual for how I am feeling at the moment.

We have outgrown our current digs...
(urban dictionary: "digs: home, place of residence, crib... "My brother just moved to new digs across town.") Yo.

We are literally filled to capacity. I have been hoping that our next move would be to a home we had purchased, but it is appearing that my sanity may not be able to hang on for that goal. I can't STAND it!!

In the many hours sat pondering the dilemma of how to make everything fit in the situation we find ourselves in, I have whittled it down to 5 major problems:

In no particular order:
1) no garage - my husband is a scout & youth leader for the young men in our church & our current church building is also at max capacity (4 congregations meet there during different overlapping times every Sunday) leaving no storage at the building for all of the MANY camping supplies, etc that this requires - it (or a large portion of it) ends up at our place

I am a self-employed photographer - all of the items needed for running my business are increasing & getting larger.

My husband is a teacher - the budget given teachers now is umm... well, nothing. Therefore, all of his teaching aids, etc - are purchased & stored for future use by us.

I can see you're starting to get the idea now...

2) No playroom/2nd gathering space - we have 1 VERY small living room/dining room - no other gathering space. And TINY bedrooms.

Having people over is almost impossible.

The toys have TAKEN. OVER. MY. LIFE. Literally. Our coffee table is a train table. There is almost no room for our kids to play inside & Brynlea rarely gets much time to crawl around for the same reason.

3) 3 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms in 1050 square feet.

4) THREE bedrooms & TWO bathrooms in 1050 square feet.

5) THREE BEDROOMS & TWO BATHROOMS IN 1050 SQUARE FEET!!!!!

I don't know what I'm going to do about it - but I have to do SOMETHING. I'm dyin' of claustrophobia here!

1 comment:

Alana said...

While you are looking for a new place stick your kids in a cupboard under the stairs like Harry Potter, put their toys in a now "spare" room like Dudley had and you'll be amazed at the space you have! Maybe you won't even have to move anymore. Gee, maybe the Dursley's were onto something? :o)