Sunday, December 7, 2008

O Christmas Tree


Amongst a crazy day that included yet another trip to the ER (with Brynlea - persistent cough nothing too serious), we managed to get up into our attic for the hauling down of the Christmas decorations.

I had promised the kids a week or so ago that yesterday would be "Tree Day" & they had been counting down the "sleeps" ever since. There was no way to back out gracefully (I also really have a phobia about breaking promises to my kids - not that it doesn't happen, but the guilt is BRUTAL)
, so up the ladder & into the dark abyss I... sent my hubby :)

It ended up going really smoothly & we all had so much fun. I love how many opportunities the holidays give us to do fun things as a family. Of course, Brynlea was a little too young to participate, but now that the tree is up it's looking like it just might give her the motivation to start crawling :)
There is something so comfortable about a home when it is decked out for Christmas. It just seems to kick the "homey" factor up a notch, you know?

I'm glad it is done now & have been enjoying basking in it.

The result

Now if I can get my kids over these colds, we should be in the clear for Christmas!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

You forgot the extra desire to keep a nicely decorated house clean to enjoy it's beauty ;oD which adds to the elegance of it all

Unknown said...

Looks beautiful, Erin!

(And your amazing photography skills come in handy in times like this!)

Anonymous said...

looks great. We just got ours up as well. Feels so good to have it done.

Life as a Kenessey said...

GORGEOUS...both for your decorations and your pictures...your living room looks so cozy!!

Michelle said...

So Did a Christmas miracle occur? Your house looks sooo big in this pic...and I KNOW how big your house really is...lol...

Erin said...

LOL - it's an optical illusion (we have a "slim" tree) and you may not have noticed but the swing, jolly jumper AND train table are not present in the picture :)
I was going to respond to Krista's comment: If by "cozy" you mean SMALL, then our living room is VERY, VERY "cozy" :)

Life as a Kenessey said...

Hey Erin,
Did you put our names on your application??? The member review board LOVES DAN...everyone who has put our name down has gotten in ....in less than 2 months I might add...anyways...I will cross my fingers...it would be so fun to have you live so close!! and these places are HUGE!!!

Erin said...

Krista, Yes - we mentioned you on the application. I emailed her today just to check that everything was "okay" with our application - more just to be a a pest haha!
Ya, I saw Kelly & Richard's place & was amazed how huge they are. We are dying in this place!

I'm thinking not much will happen before Christmas but early in the New Year would be AWESOME!