I am a shopper. Not in the "Jimmy Choo Shoes" & "Valentino Bag" way but more of a "get the best deal at all costs" kind of shopper. I'm cheap. I do occasionally pay full price for items, but they are usually very hard to find items & the challenge then comes in just finding one (not so much the price).
Enter Christmas.
I LOVE Christmas shopping! In fact, I am almost always Christmas shopping. My family does a "name exchange" but after the first year of drawing names, decided to just switch to the the next younger sibling for the next year - & so it goes round & round, from oldest to youngest. The real beauty of this system is that I know in January who I have for Christmas next year. In fact, if I really wanted to, I could figure out who I will have for Christmas for the next 5 years or longer - if I had a real problem... I'm not there yet :)
So, I have a hope chest & an area of my closet where things are "stashed" throughout the year & often come Christmas, there is really very little shopping to do at all. This year there is more than usual...
I digress... back to my "talent"...
I have had a few situations that were pretty huge coincidences, or very "lucky" while seeking these particular items. I have a few friends who are dumbfounded when they hear of deals I have gotten & insist they must come shopping with ME, as if deals are magnetically
drawn to me :)
I have even been told by a friend... and I quote, "You have horse shoes up your butt!"
An unpleasant picture, yes... but I am kind of starting to believe there may be something to this theory! LOL
This year, we have decided to get with the program & joins the ranks of our friends (and even my in-laws!) and get one of these:

"It" was purchased a few weeks ago during my Black Friday excursion. But Graham & I were really hoping to get ourselves one of these:
I have learned that this is THE "hot" gift thing this year. They are BRUTAL to find! In the last few weeks, I have just gotten into the habit of asking anywhere that might carry them, if they have any in stock. This is quickly followed by a "No & we don't know when we're getting any in." I had just gotten used to it. I thought maybe we wouldn't get one till after Christmas - at least it's not a gift for the kids (though they do enjoy some of the games for it - thanks, Auntie Shannon!)
Tonight after we went & did some Christmas shopping as a family (this adventure will have it's own post later), I headed over to our local Great Canadian Superstore (no really, that's what it's called) as they had the best prices for a few of the gifts we wanted to get for the kids & were having a "we pay the tax" sale tonight - BONUS!
I wandered into electronics to pick up a couple movies from our list, an ink cartridge (gotta print those Christmas letters) & out of habit, looked over into the "locked items" area behind the counter just to see... and to what did my wondering eyes appear???? TWO Wii Fits... just sitting on the floor behind the counter! ON TAX FREE SALE NIGHT!!
Let's just say, this was me:
I have learned that this is THE "hot" gift thing this year. They are BRUTAL to find! In the last few weeks, I have just gotten into the habit of asking anywhere that might carry them, if they have any in stock. This is quickly followed by a "No & we don't know when we're getting any in." I had just gotten used to it. I thought maybe we wouldn't get one till after Christmas - at least it's not a gift for the kids (though they do enjoy some of the games for it - thanks, Auntie Shannon!)
Tonight after we went & did some Christmas shopping as a family (this adventure will have it's own post later), I headed over to our local Great Canadian Superstore (no really, that's what it's called) as they had the best prices for a few of the gifts we wanted to get for the kids & were having a "we pay the tax" sale tonight - BONUS!
I wandered into electronics to pick up a couple movies from our list, an ink cartridge (gotta print those Christmas letters) & out of habit, looked over into the "locked items" area behind the counter just to see... and to what did my wondering eyes appear???? TWO Wii Fits... just sitting on the floor behind the counter! ON TAX FREE SALE NIGHT!!
Let's just say, this was me:


3 comments:
That clip is awesome! We might get a wii fit too but will wait till after the craziness!
I believe you had a mother that taught you well in the shopping for deals dept....if nothing else I did teach some of my children well.....love ya
That's the best, I can see you doing that dance too lol. That's awesome you found one. yay!
Post a Comment