Sunday, March 29, 2009

New Name Contest!!

I am putting this out there to as many creative minds as I can touch...

That includes YOU, Blog Lurker!!

There has been a recent development in my business ventures. Without giving someone else undue advertising, it appears my current business name has been infringed upon by someone who lives near me & has the same first name as me (which has already started to cause confusion for clients) - though I could take issue with it (I have the legal right to the name), I am choosing to take the high road & am hoping to come up with a more unique name for my business.

So, here's the deal... I need all of your creative minds!!

Send me your idea for a new name for my photography business and the name I choose will win a free photo shoot!!

The "prize shoot" can be anything that suits your needs (except weddings & extended family) - engagements, family, newborn, maternity, grad, or just individual shots... whichever you have been longing to capture!

Contest will close on April 30th, 2009 & I will try to choose the winner by May 31, 2009.

Get your creative juices flowing & I can hardly wait to see all your great ideas!!

Some tips: I am looking for something FUN & light - think alliteration, combining words, other languages - anything goes!! Most of all UNIQUE!! If I google the name you submit, and I get a whole page of existing photographers with that name... it kind of defeats the purpose of why I am changing it in the first place.

Thank you so much for this and all of your continued support!

P.S. If you are not close enough (geographically) to take advantage of the prize, I still hope you will share all your brilliant ideas with me - I need all the help I can get!!

4 comments:

Alana said...

Okay, I'm up for a challenge and this is actually kinda fun!
#1 choice: Gingersnap Photography - taken! I was soooo choked!

#2 Sugarbaby Photograpy - also taken!

#3 Sweet Pea Photography - ditto!

Yeah, this might be trickier than I thought.

Erin said...

LOL - I know! I've come up with some pretty unique things & they are taken, but I know I will find THE right name... with some help from my friends :)

You are definitely on the right track though... very cute ideas!!

Alana said...

Okay, okay, I got it!

Hotshots n'Pot Mugshots

or

Crappy Snappy Photo

Eh? :o)

Debbie Jo said...

"As you wish" photography - I love the play on "princess bride"