Friday, January 23, 2009

One step forward... or is it back??

So today was "Weigh In" day with the support group my sisters & I have created as we all try & achieve some weight loss goals. I have been gradually increasing my activity level each week in an attempt to avoid the loss of momentum that can happen if you do too much too quickly.

This week I did 30 minutes of cardio on my elliptical trainer every evening. The most I have had so far. It was hard. I battled with my "inner dialogue" every time about quitting... but I pushed through it & met my goals.

I have been good with my eating - making sure I am getting enough, not skipping meals, having healthy foods & snacks...

My weigh in this morning was down 0.8 of ONE POUND. Not even an entire pound!!

And is the exact same amount I lost last week even though I worked out not even half as much!

I know all the logical reasons why this could have happened. I am expecting my "monthly visit" (any moment now, actually)... I didn't drink enough water... my metabolism is readjusting itself... I'm gaining muscle & haven't taken measurements yet so I may have lost inches....

None of that matters right now.

If only I could express how much failing at this AGAIN terrifies me!!

I cannot lose this battle AGAIN!!

So, I am not giving up... an 8th of a pound lost is better than one gained...

But I don't have to like it.