Thursday, January 15, 2009

Help!!

Okay, all of my friends, family, fellow bloggers, blog stalkers alike....

I need you desperately.

My favorite person in the ENTIRE world (I know - cheesy, but it's true) is about to turn 30.

This is what happens to you when you're girlfriend is a photographer :)

In just a short couple of weeks the love of my life will have a rather large event in HIS life & I am COMPLETELY dry on ideas about what to do!!

I need all of your fresh awesome ideas to help me come up with something...

I know there is the obvious...throw a party. A couple of problems with that...

* see THIS post. We severely lack room for such an endeavor.
* My hubby also doesn't always do well in crowds (unlike myself - the textbook LEO - the more attention, the better) - he can get a little overwhelmed in a situation like that especially where he is the center of attention and I do want this to be about what HE likes.

While I can probably scrape together a modest amount of cash for the occasion, we also can't splurge too badly - so this hinders my ideas as well.

I have thought about getting away just the 2 of us - no idea where we would go.

SO - I open the floor to any & ALL of you...

I hope to see my comment box FULL of fantastic ideas from all you!

Thanks in advance for rescuing me from all this stress!!

(if by some miracle you happen to read this, Graham... do NOT read my comments!!)

2 comments:

Debbi said...

pawn off the kids for the weekend. HAve a totally "30s" weekend, including movies from the year he was born, ect. Sans kids.

Find a local B&B. Enjoy.

Hold a 'party' with friends and family at the gym at church. Make it a theme where everyone looks silly so he doesn't feel like the only silly one.

Life as a Kenessey said...

I too think you should ditch your kids and if you want to involve friends and not have a party do like a scavengar hunt of sorts where you go from Friends' place to Friend's place where graham has to collect something or things from them (so they can wish him a happy birthday without him being overwhelmed) and where at the end he has collected 30 gifts of some sort....etc. Then you should end up at a B&B (like Debbi said)...but this way it's kinda fun for the two of you to have an adventure together...your/his friends get to wish him a happy birthday and he's been able to avoid all the embarrassement of a SURPRISE Party.... I think the idea sounded WAY BETTER in my head then it does as I am trying to explain it!!!