Monday, February 9, 2009

Baby Fears

I can recall when Averie was around Brynlea's age now (10 1/2 months) that she really didn't like me to have a towel wrapped around my head after a shower. It really unnerved her.

Ya, she pretty much freaked.

These fears in babies make me so curious. What was it she was imagining was happening to me that was so terrifying? Or maybe it was just a complete lack of understanding that led to it... totally irrational. Ignorance breads fear, so they say.

We have discovered Brynlea's irrational fear...

Graham's headphones.

I am as clueless to this fear as I was of Averie's, but it is certainly real to her...

You have to see it to believe:



Ignore my heartless giggling through the whole thing...
I do really love my children...
BUT did you SEE that face?!?!

It's like she is staring down a monster!

TOO funny!

6 comments:

Alana said...

Poor Brynlea! But yeah, you're right that's pretty funny. I can't remember Madison having irrational fears off the top of my head just Celina hating Scott in his black Grainger shirts! Now that one was a head scratcher and took us forever to figure out! Miss you!

Kat said...

Aww! Ethan was scard of clocks of all things!

Michelle said...

That is crazy one wishes for the ability to read ones thoughts at moments like that...lol

Debbie Jo said...

WOW, her face is so sad! Just you wait for my "heartless mommy" moment when I post a video of Lliam. He's terrified of this voice my little brother makes. He bursts into tears every time. So sad. and So funny at the same time. I'm so mean.

Karen said...

so funny> John is scared of this toy pig that tells the this little piggy story.

Bearded Lady said...

Yeah I remember Austen's fear of Shrek. But only at this one part where he's wearing the helmet and saving princess Fiona. He's 7 and I think he still won't watch it for some reason. lol