The thought occurred to me after hearing that - thank you doesn't always equate with gratitude. Just like "I love you" can become more a closing on the telephone than a proclamation of emotion, if the words are not held as special.
So, I want to to be very clear today...
I am GRATEFUL for my body - in all the frustration it brings me for not "looking" how I wish it would, yet I have health - for the fact that I have been pregnant quickly every time I've wanted, that I have had healthy, uneventful pregnancies & beautiful healthy babies. This is mindblowing for me still - we can MAKE another human... amazing.
For my ability to dance & sing & generally enjoy all that is around me.
I am GRATEFUL for my husband - there were times in my life that the thought of being this consistently & unconditionally loved seemed beyond what I was capable of receiving... then he came along. He is my absolute favorite person in the world & I would not be all I am without him. For the father he is and all that he contributes, financially & otherwise to keeping our family balanced. For often watching our children all day on what equates to his ONLY day off in the week, so that I can pursue my dreams & enjoy my talents.
I am GRATEFUL for my marriage - for the simple ease of our relationship. For our ability to talk & communicate without fear of rejection or reprisal. Someone once asked me after Graham & I got engaged how I knew that this was "it" - I replied, "Because it's like breathing." It's literally the easiest relationship I have ever had - to quote Ever After, "He is my match in every way." I have never, in all my time spent with Graham, had to pretend for ONE minute that I am anyone other than who I am. He knows me better than anyone else, & loves me completely.
I am GRATEFUL for my children - as every mother believes, I have the children that were MEANT for me to have. As a family, we are a perfect match. I am so grateful that my children generally want me to be happy with them. They CARE that I am pleased with them. We have our good days & bad, but in general I truly ENJOY my children. I am SO grateful for that.
I am GRATEFUL for my religion - for all it has taught me about myself & my relationship with God & my Savior. For the security that gives me in my life & the help it gives me in teaching my children about who they are & what they should strive to accomplish in this life.
I am GRATEFUL for perspective - for my ability to disect a situation in my life - good or bad - & (sometimes with spiritual support) come up with reasons that help me to learn from these experiences. For my ability to look to the future & have a clear idea of what I want my children to remember about their childhood & the clear goals to accomplish it.
I am GRATEFUL for good friends - the support that they are to me & the "sounding board" when I need it.
I am GRATEFUL for family - both that which I was born into & that which I married into.
I am GRATEFUL for employment - the fact that my husband has a job that both allows me to be home with my children during the day & also allows HIM to be home as much as he is to be an active role in our childrens' lives & to support me in creating & running my own business. The fact that people (sometimes strangers) allow me into the most personal times in their lives to capture their memories is something I will never take for granted. And then they PAY me for the privilege! I am truly blessed.
The more I think about how much I have, the more I realize how little I am without...
My cup runneth over...






3 comments:
you truly have been blessed
I am sitting here reading your post and feeling Rowan kick me like pushing on my upper right side and most of the time I think man ouch that hurts but I read the part about being grateful for a body and being able to have healthy babies and I too feel so blessed. Even though its a struggle I go through to get pregnant and stay pregnant, that kick in the ribs reminds me its all worth it and no matter how painful and uncomfortable I am I would go through it so many times just to have and to hold and to cherish that wonderful blessing of a baby. We are all truly blessed. Keep on kickin my sweet boy.
Thanks for that Erin. It was a pleasure to read, and it made me feel so thankful for my blessings. I'm so happy that you are happy in your life and with your family.
Post a Comment