Tuesday, January 13, 2009

She's Officially Reading!


Averie has been on the very cusp of reading for some time now - she was fairly limited to 3 letter words for sounding out, but she has started to catch on to other "reading rules" (ie. silent E, blends like th, st, fl, etc) thanks in most part to our Leapfrog videos (SO awesome!).

She got some phonics books from Nannie & Grandpa this Christmas and that seems to have been what she needed. She came to me on Sunday night wanting to read them. I was feeding Brynlea so I was encouraging her to try. To my astonishment, with very little help from me at all, she read the WHOLE book.

I am SO proud.

2 comments:

Life as a Kenessey said...

YEAH Averie....She is adorable!!!

Alana said...

Way to go Averie! I usually leave some easy readers for Madison to read at night. She likes Biscuit books (they are about a puppy) though some words she will need help with. But books like Green Eggs and Ham are easy and I bet Averie could read that one too!