Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Day in the Life...

Here it goes... in a way this is just me patting my own back. I have to see it in writing sometimes to understand that I AM actually accomplishing things... ahhhh, what I would give for just a few more hours in a day...

7am: woken up by Graham's alarm "un-snoozing" for the last time & he is already up, so I have to turn it off.
7:20am: woken up again by Brynlea ready for her breakfast. Get up, get her & head downstairs (the other 2 are up & watching Alvin & the Chipmunks - put in by Daddy before he just left for work). Change Brynlea's diaper, put her in the high chair. Get breakfast for all of us - mix some baby cereal for Brynlea. Eat while I feed Brynlea.
7:50am: finish feeding Brynlea. She is content to stay in the high chair, so I unload & reload the dishwasher.
8:30am: move Brynlea to the Jolly Jumper - switch laundry - put swimming stuff in the dryer, put a load of whites in to wash. Go get clothes for the kids.
9am: clear/wipe down table. Get out the slow cooker. Chop a green pepper - Take the meat balls I made last night out of the fridge, toss them in with the "stuff" to make em all sweet & sour goodness - turn on low.
9:20am: Brynlea starts to fuss. Make a bottle - take her out of the Jolly Jumper, get her dressed & sit in the rocking chair with her to have her bottle.
9:40am: Brynlea done bottle - take her up to go to bed.
9:45am: Averie is playing in her room - Evan requests to watch "Thomas" - go back downstairs & change movie. Tell them I am jumping in the shower - come & get me if you need me, or Brynlea starts crying.
10am: Jump in the shower.
10:15am: out of the shower & get dressed. Head downstairs to quickly put on some make-up & do my hair.
10:40: I'm done. Now get the kids dressed, Averie in her uniform. Do Averie's hair.
10:55am: Ask what they want for lunch - they both want "jam sandwiches" SWEET! easy...
11am: Get kids to the table to eat their sandwiches. Go look for their shoes. Make bottle & put in the diaper bag. Get Averie's snack bag - haggle with her about what she will bring today - pack it & put it in her back pack. Brynlea wakes up - go get her, put her coat on, strap her into her carseat. She is not happy about it (screaming) - find her a soother.
11:15am: wipe kids' faces - get coats & shoes on. Turn on the dishwasher, turn off the lights, gather kids, diaper bag, backpack... head out to the van.
11:25am strap everybody into their carseats.
11:30am: back out of the driveway.
11:45am: arrive at Averie's school. There is a "Book Fair" going on that she has been begging me to go see. We have 15 minutes so I carry Brynlea & we go check it out.
12:06pm: Averie goes to kindergarten.
12:12pm everybody is strapped back in & we head all the way across town to the BIG dollar store.
12:35pm: arrive at dollar store, put Brynlea in stroller so she can drink her bottle, buy supplies/decorations for Ward Fall Festival I am in charge of running this coming saturday evening - realize they don't have everything I need.
1:15pm leave dollar store after purchasing what they had for saturday & head across the street & substantial parking lot to Walmart.
2:13pm leave Walmart & head BACK all the way across town to Averie's school.
2:27pm arrive at Averie's school.
2:35pm get Averie & head home.
2:55pm arrive at home. Get Brynlea out of her carseat, change her diaper, give her a bottle, put her to bed.
3:15pm check emails, facebook - reply to another customer inquiring about booking family pictures.
3:25pm Graham gets home. Pack swimming/showering supplies. Change kids into swimsuits, throw their sweats on over top. Change into my swimsuit.
3:45pm head out to the van with Averie & Evan to swimming lessons.
4pm: Averie starts her swimming lesson - Evan & I swim.
4:30pm: Averie is done her lesson & all of us have a dip in the hot tub.
4:40pm: we head into the change room. Each kid gets showered (with shampoo & soap) & dressed, comb Averie's hair, change my clothes - head home.
5:15pm arrive home - Graham has made rice to go with the FABULOUS smelling sweet & sour meatballs from the slow cooker. Brynlea wakes up - put her in the high chair. Mix her up some mushy dinner.
5:45pm: we sit down to eat - the kids try dinner & don't like it. Averie will eat the meatballs but nothing else. Evan won't eat anything. Graham & I finish eating (I am feeding Brynlea at the same time), then Graham makes Evan a sandwich (Averie decides she's full)
6pm: put load of whites in the dryer, go upstairs to change clothes for meeting at the church, use straightener to make my hair look decent (I LOVE that thing!!) - reapply some make up.
6:30pm: Get on computer to print some stuff for meeting.
6:45pm: leave for meeting - have meeting - get sidetracked by conversations after the meeting - almost forget it is Graham's "movie night with buddies".
9:22pm head home from meeting - call Graham - tell him I'm on my way. He meets me as I pull in the driveway - leaves for movie night.
9:40pm walk in - all is quiet. everybody's asleep. Grab my PJs out of the dryer & change in the bathroom. Sit down at the computer - debate about photo editing - catch up on some of the blogs I like to read, call my mom....

And here I am....

And here I go...

Goodnight!

3 comments:

Debbi said...

isn't it funny how we think we've done nothing all day, but when we really sit back, it's a heck of a lot!

Good luck for you that today being as productive and positive! :)

Michelle said...

Welcome to the life of a non-working mom...right...non-working...what a joke! And it will all go by in a blink....so enjoy the journey...

Erin said...

LOL - that`s the funny part - this was a day when I DIDN`T work! No shoots! Sometimes I think the days I get to go work are easier!