I have spent the last 3 days (well, 2 & a bit) in the worst part of the sugar withdrawal. Pretty sure I'm over the worst of it now. I will begin the exercise part of my plan on Monday... once the "drags" of withdrawal have subsided a bit.
To give you a better idea of what I deal with EVERY time I attempt this type of thing (unless I'm pregnant). Here is a write up of my last couple days:
Day 1:
Breakfast - low-carb shake blended with 6 frozen strawberries & half a cup of ice.
Lunch - see breakfast
Dinner - not the BEST choice - we had pizza, but I only had 1 1/2 pieces & a glass of diet pop.
I was extra careful to take my multi vitamin & Omega-3 supplement (suppose to help with IR).
My symptoms were: a sense of "dragging" all day - sort of that feeling like when you are coming down with something; the brain fires the signals for the action, but the body is just a split second behind in reacting. I was on the edge of a headache all day, but it didn't really turn into one... and CRABBY!!
Day 2:
Breakfast & Lunch same as Day 1
Dinner - we had the missionaries from our church over - did Hamburgers on the BBQ - I had 1. Brownies & ice cream for dessert - had VERY small portion.
I actually GOT the headache. Battled it all day. Same dragging feeling, though with moments of relief. The cravings have kicked in now. ALL I can think about is food. Namely, BAD food... slurpees, Frosty's, chocolate, french fries... but I went to Costco for some much needed groceries & didn't buy ANYTHING bad (except ice cream - see dinner above)... even got some chicken strips & fries for my kids & didn't sneak ANY. What a good girl :)
Day 3 - Today.
Got up this morning & made the BIG mistake.
I stepped on the scale.
I know this is unwise in the first weeks from past experience as my body goes into starvation mode & does some wonky things - I was still unprepared for what I saw...
I GAINED 3lbs.
HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!
So now I really am in a bad way. I totally want to give up.
The only thing keeping me going is that I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday & this is all fuel to give him as to why the super simplistic answer of "diet & exercise" just isn't good enough.
So, the battle rages on.
This sucks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hang in there.
PUT THE SCALE AWAY, do not even look at it for at least 2 weeks.
diet and exercise works, hun. But the scale doesn't usually reflect that type of stuff for a few weeks, like Marcy said above. This is EXACTLY why you need to keep going-- because it's sooo easy and common to give up after 3 pounds. KEEP GOING!! You'll see-- it'll come off.
You may want to rethink your diet, though. You will lose more weight if you eat a bit more than you are. Trust me, I've been there.
Haang in there sweetie,,,remember I went throught that when I first changed meds...but it will even out....love u
I'm thinking of you! I can see how it would be discouraging to get to that point but keep in mind that you have got the ball rolling. You are doing all that you can. Let's see what the doc says and hopefully you will get put on the right path.
You can do this Erin! Pick a day three week from now, put it on your calendar, and don't step on that scale until then. HANG IN THERE!
Post a Comment