The day started very early... around 6:15am. As Graham is a teacher it is also a "first day back" for him. A goal I have, & memory I want for my children is for them to get their absolute favorite breakfast the morning of their first day back at school... no matter the sacrifice in the sleep department for me :)
This year the request was... blueberries pancakes (made with fresh blueberries & with REAL maple syrup) YUMMY!!

With "slow entry" to kindergarten, Averie's ACTUAL first day was yesterday, but it was just a brief orientation for parents (& kids) from both morning & afternoon classes. There wasn't any time spent in the classroom or anything. So, we consider today her "official" first day...
Averie in the entryway at her school
Today was 1 hour long with 4 other classmates to "adjust " to the whole school thing...

First things first - she was to find her hook in the coat room, find a classroom book to take home & "sign in " to her own special book...
Here she is outside her classroom by herself & with her classmates - being greeted by her teacher, Ms. C.
The pictures never end!! :) Ms.C wanted a picture of her, too for use in the classroom...
The pictures never end!! :) Ms.C wanted a picture of her, too for use in the classroom...
First things first - she was to find her hook in the coat room, find a classroom book to take home & "sign in " to her own special book...
Finding a book..... and "signing in"
Then there was "teacher time" as Ms.C called it - a brief interview to see where Averie is "at" in her learning. She was asked to recite the alphabet, start at 1 & count as high as she could (30). was shown a dice for a brief second & asked what number it was (after it was gone) - & got that one correct everytime! - and given a simple word math problem...

What a big girl! I was so proud as she used her manners, listened well, & learned the new routine very quickly. She'll be on her own on friday...
I think that's when I'll get emotional...
Then there was "teacher time" as Ms.C called it - a brief interview to see where Averie is "at" in her learning. She was asked to recite the alphabet, start at 1 & count as high as she could (30). was shown a dice for a brief second & asked what number it was (after it was gone) - & got that one correct everytime! - and given a simple word math problem...
What a big girl! I was so proud as she used her manners, listened well, & learned the new routine very quickly. She'll be on her own on friday...
I think that's when I'll get emotional...


1 comment:
okay gotta say brave(or crazy) the kindergarten teacher that wears WHITE on first day of school...but I guess they all do eh? such a big girl now...time ....time ...time...love Mom
Post a Comment