I'm starting to notice an unintentional "theme" to my blog... it should change before too long :)
While I have been obsessing about getting LESS food into me, my little baby has turned 6 months old this week (I can't believe it!!) & we have delved into the world of solid food with her.
It was interesting how it came about as I can remember being very eager for my other 2 to start solids... both of them had *attempted* rice cereal by around 5 months.
I think it may have been my desperation to get some more sleep making me eager :) By number 3, you forget what a full night's sleep was like - the desperation fades.
I knew 6 months was approaching... I had picked up a box of rice cereal at the store a couple weeks ago, but just didn't feel that "push" - you know?
So, we were visiting at my cousin's place one afternoon last week while Averie was in school. She has a daughter just 6 weeks older than Brynlea & a son Evan's age. The boys have fun together when we visit.
She had prepared lunch for her kids & I was sitting beside her 4 year old at the table & holding Brynlea. She suddenly was going crazy for the food! Whining, trying to grab the spoon - put her hand in the bowl... she had never done that before!
My cousin kindly offers us some of the cereal her baby has been enjoying. She probably thought,"Geez, Lady. Quit starving your baby!" lol
I offered the cereal to Brynlea & she DOWNED it!! Ate the whole thing. Hardly any of it came back out - she was DEFINITELY ready.
So, we have started giving her one meal a day & so far, so good. She has only had Oatmeal, Rice cereal & pureed peaches. The peaches were a little tart for her I think :)
Here's a video clip:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hehe, cute shudder,.
Too cute.
SOOO CUTE!!!! She really seemed to like solid food! LOL I loved that she SHOVED your hand in her mouth!
Post a Comment