
Here she is... our little contortionist :)
I had an interesting revelation a few weeks ago. I was holding my cousin's adorable baby who is just 6 weeks older than Brynlea, & I laid her on the ground in front of me... she immediately flipped over onto her tummy & started kicking her feet eager to be on the move. SO cute!
But suddenly it occurred to me, that NONE of my children have done that! Hence, my first 2 were late crawlers (Averie at 9 months, Evan not until 10 1/2 months). They all have the ability to do it... these just choose not too. They roll side to side... but don't opt to roll all the way over... yet they still manage to get around... sooner than most crawlers actually. Instead they do what we refer to as the "Backwards Inchworm" - Brynlea, however, gets the highest back arch of all my kids while performing this maneuver. It's pretty impressive!
I had an interesting revelation a few weeks ago. I was holding my cousin's adorable baby who is just 6 weeks older than Brynlea, & I laid her on the ground in front of me... she immediately flipped over onto her tummy & started kicking her feet eager to be on the move. SO cute!
But suddenly it occurred to me, that NONE of my children have done that! Hence, my first 2 were late crawlers (Averie at 9 months, Evan not until 10 1/2 months). They all have the ability to do it... these just choose not too. They roll side to side... but don't opt to roll all the way over... yet they still manage to get around... sooner than most crawlers actually. Instead they do what we refer to as the "Backwards Inchworm" - Brynlea, however, gets the highest back arch of all my kids while performing this maneuver. It's pretty impressive!
Here's the front view... she especially does it when she's trying to look at something. Here, she got interested in the camera.
Here she is in action!!



3 comments:
ouch! Rugburn on her head much??!
okay, that looks so weird! My kids never did that. I'd be afraid they'd snap their necks or something! lol
wow she's gifted Emily only learned how to do a back- bend this summer!
Post a Comment