Aaaaahhh.....
The kids are in bed FINALLY & I get to enjoy that most melodious of sounds to my ears.... nothing.
Don't get me wrong, I am quite the connoisseur of music & enjoy many different kinds for different reasons. It has a definite therapeutic nature in it's own right....
Many evenings, my hubby will get confused by my sitting silently in the rocking chair & ask if I want him to turn the TV on, or pick out a movie for us to watch... I do enjoy those things, too - especially with a cuddle on the couch...
"No"... I hesitate... "Just a few more minutes of quiet first"...
After a long day, when my children are all finally settled like little angels on their pillows... nothing compares to sweet nothingness :)
It is one of the MANY reasons I am SO excited for our Temple that is being built in Langley. There is such peace at the Temple... such beautiful silence. It is rejuvenating to the soul in a completely different way than even peaceful, or meditative music can be.
I can hardly wait for the day when it's been a rough one & my hubby walks in the door after work & I can say, "See you in a couple hours, I'm going to the Temple." wow.
I grew up in a relatively large family (I have 4 siblings) & until I lived by myself, never really had an appreciation for silence. In fact, it scared me a little. I guess we always appreciate that which we lack most.
Aaaaaaahh.... I'm going to stop typing now... too noisy :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment