Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday Morning Trauma

We ALWAYS have busy Sunday mornings... I usually don't have my husband with me in the morning as his church responsibilities usually have him in meetings most weeks before church.

I was lucky enough (due to a slight misunderstanding about which meetings had been canceled) to have him with me today.

We decided to give the kids a quick bath so they would be squeaky clean for church. I had quickly bathed Brynlea & had her laying on the bathroom floor, as usual, to dry her off & get her dressed. Graham came to prepare the bath for Averie & Evan & stepped over Brynlea to turn the tap on when suddenly Brynlea let out an enormous scream!! Her hand was still wrapped in the towel & Graham had accidentally stepped on her tiny fingers!!

I quickly grabbed her up off the floor & when I first looked at her hand, I thought her fingers were bleeding! Turned out that they had already started bruising, especially between her fingers, & she had a blood blister on one of the pads of her fingers :(


I did a few quick checks to make sure nothing was broken & she stopped crying within a minute or so.

Unfortunately, I don't think my husband's recovery will be as quick. I am writing this some 13 hours later & he is still devastated!

I don't know who to be more sad for - Brynlea or Daddy!! :(

No comments: