Graham got a new job!! Woohoo! It is a temporary contract through the end of January teaching Grade 9 & 10 French. Here's the really cool part... the principal called him personally, said the job was going to be posted & asked if he would be willing to apply for it. That is the THIRD time that has happened for 3 different schools (and obviously, 3 different principals) - I am so proud. Most TOCs (teacher on call - or "substitute") just go in, do their job & leave. Something about my very talented husband leaves a lasting impression - it can only lead to good things.
We had made a conscious choice when Graham finished school & started TOCing that we were in a position to be "picky", so to speak. There is no reason for him to JUMP on the first contract that comes up. I know what it is like to get up every day & go to a job you HATE, or with people who are... unenjoyable, shall we say? - I do NOT want that for Graham. And so he has the option of "scouting" out the schools by TOCing at them - meeting department heads & principals... "schmoozing" - so when the right job comes up, he will be a shoe-in...
Looks like everything is going according to the plan :) I am SOOOO proud!!
Second new thing:
My very generous in-laws have blessed my children with a new set of bunk beds! They came tonight to help set them up & provided bedding as well (Princess for Averie; Cars for Evan) - the kids were SOOO excited!! Not sure how Evan will fare on his own tonight... he has shared a double bed with Averie since he came out of the crib. I suppose we will see if we get many "visits" tonight.
Evan & Daddy take apart the old double for going into storage
The room with NO bed...
Daddy & Grandpa assemble the new bed...
Ahhhh... I remember many bunk bed conversations like this one with my sister :)
We LOVE our new bed!! Thank you, Nannie & Grandpa!!






2 comments:
Cute! I love the picture of them looking at eachother from above. Although it is sad when they don't share a bed anymore. I know when my girls where sharing one they were always so cute cause they would always snuggle together. But then they would wake each other up during the night cause Kayla's such a light sleeper!
Anyways I bet your two are happier in their "own" beds. Especially with cool bedding like that!
Nice Bunk Beds.
Post a Comment