Saturday, August 16, 2008

Party Time!

For the last 3 years , we have had a joint birthday party for both our children at Cultus Lake. I do really offer to do other things, but it's always what they WANT to do...

A BEACH PARTY!

Last year we had a hiatus on account of weather, but we more than made up for it this year!! It was an AMAZING day! So hot you either had to be at the lake or in air conditioning! :)

I, however, committed the cardinal sin "trifecta" of being mother, blogger AND PHOTOGRAPHER... and got so frazzled & swept up in hostessing the party events I took almost NO pictures!

My hubby was manning the video camera, so we have video but I took almost NO stills! I was SOOO mad at myself when I got home! I have decided from now on to "assign" someone else to do photography when I am playing hostess... it's a multi-task I just can't handle...

So, we had some great friends up to the lake to have a few games, break a couple pinatas (one for Evan's littler friends & one for Averie's bigger friends), have some cupcakes & enjoy some swimming & fun in the sun!


The invites - beautifully hand-crafted by my very talented friend, Marcy B. (Thank you, Marcy!)


The only 2 pictures I got of my kids... both before party friends arrived :)

The best I can do for the rest, is this video clip of my kids getting freaked out by sparklers & having "Happy Birthday" sung to them... watch Averie run away from, & both my kids attempt to blow out, the sparklers! Too funny!!
Please note the homemade cupcakes - topped by beach party themed tinted chocolates - lovingly molded by ME!! I AM a good mom, I swear...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun, sorry we missed it.